Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Are you there God? It's me, Jessica.



So something new in my life since losing Mom.
I have started praying more.
I pray for our country.
I pray for my friends and family.
I pray for my friends' family.
I pray for the sick, the wounded, the poor, the government, everyone.


Jackie Kennedy praying at St. Edwards church after her husband's death in 1968

Then I get confused because I don't know what I believe.
I think I want to believe in God more because I want to believe that Mom is with him.
I see all these things saying that God has a plan for us and sometimes I think Mom was meant to pass away when she did for many reasons. 
Maybe to keep me from failing the semester and getting a second chance.
I don't know.
I am so confused but I really want to believe.
I just don't understand how God has a plan for us and yet we have free will.
I don't understand why we have to accept Jesus if God already knows what we're going to do.
I don't understand why I have to accept Jesus to be close to God.
Maybe I need to go to church. 
Just in my previous experience the majority of people attending church are hypocrites.
Now this was when I lived in Alabama and in a small town and things could be different here.
I could start attending Lakewood in Houston when I'm there.
I've heard good things about that place.
I just feel lost.
Maybe I feel so lost and that is what's bringing me closer to God.
Maybe God is working on my heart and I know it and I'm trying to find out how to be closer.


So much confusion....

No comments:

Post a Comment