Friday, July 5, 2013

Someday you'll say that word and I will cry

So, yesterday I went to my one of my close cousin's for the 4th of July.
My cousin on my Mom's side of the family.
It was very comforting.
I also got to meet my little cousin who I may soon be helping compete in children's pageants.
(I look forward to this.)
I also want to note that I feel so blessed to be getting closer with that side of my family.
It's bittersweet to think that is because of Mom's passing.


My cousin Ashley & I on the 4th

Classes start Tuesday and I already started on my coursework yesterday.
Figured it'd be best to get ahead when taking 9 credit hours in a 1 month period.
I'm feeling excited about having something to work on and my mind not feeling consumed with sadness.
I feel like I'm actually working toward something instead of being stagnant and sad all the time.
So far I've received A's on my quizzes that I have completed and earned bonus points for finding errors.


This is going to be me with school work. lol

But everytime I begin to think about my overall goal I am reminded that Mom won't be there when I graduate.
She is the one person in my life who I knew was going to be the happiest about me getting my degree.
I will be the first female in my family to graduate with a college degree.
She wanted it so much for herself and for her children.

image

I am considering partnering up with the Brain Aneurysm Foundation and hosting a run/walk in the area.
This would help raise money for research and possibly how to prevent brain aneurysms from happening or detecting them before it's too late.
I'll have to see how I can work that into my schedule.

Those are my thoughts for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment