Friday, September 20, 2013

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

So recently I have been thinking a lot about myself and where I am in life and how I feel.
I was talking to my boyfriend the other night about how I feel.
I explained to him that I feel like I've lost control of my life since Mom passed away.
That I am no longer in control of my emotions or anything around me and I thought that was ridiculous.
I like to be in control of things.
Especially myself.
The only thing I am not really in control of when it comes to myself that I can accept is my stomach condition.
So I decided that night (4 nights ago) that I was no longer going to let things control me.
I will allow myself 1 day a week to cry and breakdown and grieve Mom.
{I} am allowing this to happen.
Because I am in control.
I will not cry unless I permit it.
I will not complain that my emotions are making things hard for me.
I will not complain that losing Mom has made things harder for me.
I run this.
This is my life.
and I am taking the reins back.


and I have to say...
The past 4 days have been great.
I am so much happier.
I am grinding and knocking out school work.
I am working ahead and finishing things before their scheduled due dates.
I am almost caught up with one class I am about 2 weeks behind in.

I met with my advisor to make sure that I can graduate and it's looking highly probable.
So, I filed for graduation yesterday.

I also feel less stressed.
I have 3 exams next week and I'm not even that nervous.
I know I will be prepared.
Because I run this and I will make sure I'm prepared.
I didn't come this far to fail now.


I have younger siblings looking at me and I don't want them to think I can't get through this.
I can.
Just had to tweak my mindset a little bit.


So I am excited.
I am hopeful.
I am driven.
I promised Mom I'd graduate in May and I will.
The last serious promise I ever made her.
I will honor it.


So I hope you enjoyed reading this post.

Also, today is 5 months since Mom passed away.
But I'm not sad.
I miss her terribly.
(How ironic that right now I'm listening to music on my phone and "Go Rest High On That Mountain" just started playing)
But I feel like I'm moving on with my life and she'd want that for me.
She is going to be so proud when I get not just one but two degrees in May.


That is all. <3
Love you all for reading and keep the faith. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment