Sunday, October 20, 2013

The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave...that I made a difference and this world will see.

Yesterday marked 6 months since the day my mom passed away after we made the hard decision to take her off life support. 
I miss her so much but I can honestly say that I feel her with me from time to time, inspiring me and pushing me forward towards my goals. 
So much of what I do in my life is because at one point in my life she inspired me or she spoke words that I have remembered. 
The college I currently attend is because of her mentioning it and how much she loved this area and how beautiful it was.
She was so excited when I got accepted.
Because of her (& my daddy) I love classic rock more than any other genre of music and especially Motley Crue.
Because of her I have certain expectations of what my spouse should be
&
because of her I have certain standards on the kind of woman I should be. 
Because of her I know the value of an education and have seen first hand the struggle of a woman with no education.
I will never forget these any these things.

I feel much stronger than I was 6 months ago.
I honestly cannot believe this is where I am.
I miss her so much.
There is so much going on in my life that I want to share with her.
She was always the one that would be excited about me accomplishing these things on the path to accomplishing things.
I have been going through an interview process for an internship over the past week and I have made it to the 3rd and final round of the interview process.
I just know she'd be so excited about it.
I know she's watching me and is proud but I would give anything to hear those words from her.

I don't know where I would be without my support system.
My boyfriend, my sister, other family members and close friends who have taken the time to talk to me when I was feeling really sad or upset. All of you have helped me in some way and I am truly appreciative.



No comments:

Post a Comment