Sunday, June 23, 2013

Where words fail, music speaks

I'm going to list a bunch of songs that make me think of my Mom.
I know a lot of times people look for funeral songs. 
For our Mom's funeral we picked songs she loved instead of a bunch of sad songs.
She LOVED music and exposed my sister and I to a lot and I am thankful for that.


First I'll list the songs that we played at her funeral:

Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home 
Motley Crue - Without You 
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You 
Sarah McLaughlin - I Will Remember You 
Prince - Purple Rain 
Guns n Roses - Don't Cry 
Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine (requested of my Grandma)
Guns n Roses - Knocking on Heaven's Door (requested of my Grandma)
Spice Girls - Goodbye (my friend)
Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men - One Sweet Day 

* indicates favorites

Other songs:
Spice Girls - Mama
Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
Boyz II Men - A Song For Mama

My sister and I created this slideshow. She took it from powerpoint and uploaded it.

I'm ending this post prematurely because I am crying too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment